Dining with your buddies is made exceptionally simple WITHOUT the hassle of calculating +10% service charge and +7% GST. Hooray!
1. NETT Prices — NO GST, NO Service Charge
2. Rustic floor plan that surpasses your expectation of a typical SG cafe
Their colourful furniture reflects their pride in creativity and going against convention. While the colours don't seem to complement each other, the contrasting effects appear to work. The ambience may not be as enchanting as that at Carpenter and Cook, but it has its own mystical character. I can't quite put my finger on what it is though.
3. Be inspired by their electrifying decorations
Wires and lightbulbs hang loosely overhead as an additional decorative feature, setting the mood of the Bistro. The chefs are definitely the 'Thomas Edison(s)' of Modern-inspired Western cuisine, because any lightbulb moment could lead to Point #4.
4. Receive free appetisers from the Chefs*
5. They've got the BEST chefs specialising in ALL kinds of eggs
One of the MUST-TRY items on their menu is the Rustic 3-Way Eggs - S$14.90. I recall this as one of the challenges on MasterChef, in which the contestants had to create various versions of eggs. The Rustic 3-Way Eggs consist of Eggs Benedict with Bacon & Burnt Hollandaise, Scrambled egg on toast with smoked salmon and a sunny side-up on toast with tomatoes.
|Eggs Benedict with Bacon|
6. CHEAPEST poached eggs in town
For only S$11.00, try their Eggs Benedict! It is definitely one of the cheapest in town (and the most delicious too). With bacon, burnt hollandaise and mixed mesclun, this protein-rich food would appeal to bodybuilders after a workout.
7. All their eggs are cooked to perfection at 63°C
8. Their pasta is flavour-packed
9. Cheapest Truffle Fries in town
10. Best comfort food ever: Fish & Chips
11. They have servings for giant eaters
The Rustic Beef Burger - S$11.90 is for big eaters. The beef patty came in an odd-looking shape, as if it was rolled into a square. What I loved most about the burger is its juiciness, although the burger bun wasn't really well-toasted and the lettuce looked like it was hastily chucked in. The cheese used was definitely processed cheese, losing some points for the freshness of their signature beef burger. While the appearance did not stimulate my appetite, it was a really huge portion for one.
12. It is founded by Chef Eddy and award-winning Chef Stephen.
|Chef Stephen (left) and Chef Eddy (Right)|
Mon to Sat : 11am to 10pm