1. Don’t know what to eat
2. Don’t know where to go
3. Queue is too long
If there’s no queue, we immediately have doubts about the quality/taste of the food. Perhaps our favourite pastime is queuing? A queue seems to indicate that the food is good. Yet, we are put off by the waiting that inevitably accompanies long queues.
4. Food is too mainstream
We all desire to identify as unique individuals -- and mainstream food is just too bleh. Though Singapore is a food haven, we always desire to indulge in innovative flavours and try novel creations to set us apart from “the rest”.
5. Food is not Instagram-worthy
Before our generation, people used to respectfully invite their parents to begin eating before they could do so. Now, we take 20 photos of our food and select the nicest ones to post on Instagram, before tucking in. Our choice of food is determined by another factor other than taste: does the food look good on Instagram?
6. The food you fancy busts your budget
What’s for brunch? With Eggs Benedict typically going for at least $15 and your hot cuppa averaging $5, you soon realize such indulgences are quite economically unsustainable. Add an appetiser for $6 and your dessert for $4, and that’s an uncomfortable $30 in total!
Behold your perfect solution — a new mobile application called Sugar. Here’s what Sugar is all about:
- Helps you discover unique offerings — from cafes to casual restaurants— based on your location.
- Tells you what’s worth a try through its in-app reviews.
- Cool and trendy — sums up the merchants on Sugar. Your food photos are sure to stand out in your newsfeeds.
- Prices can be reduced to as low as $1.00 (or even less). For example, a latte (U.P. $5.50) could be bought for less than $2.00. Through a unique skimming function, you can share goodies with your friends and get them to help you reduce prices!
- More than just an app for food, Sugar also helps you discover interesting events, workshops, concerts and more. You can also enter draws with really attractive prizes — in fact, someone has recently won a year’s worth of sushi from Maki-San!
You could be next — Stand a chance to win tickets to the Super Junior World Tour OR a year’s worth of appetisers when you log onto Sugar now!
From now till 1st April, receive a total of $30 credits when you sign up with Sugar.
- Visit www.wewantsugar.com/extralove
- Register using your mobile number and the promo code ‘TINY’
- Download the Sugar app and login using your mobile number. You will instantly receive $10 worth of credits.
You will receive a top up code for the additional $20 in 3-4 working days! Happy SUGAR-ing!
Co-writer: Elphin Yeo